Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Add Your Personal Touch To The Music Mix Of Your Reception


www.NorthernColoradoDJ.com

Hiring a professional DJ should mean that you are allowing them to choose what music to play and when. If you have chosen somebody with experience and knowledge then you should be trusting in them to draw on what they know to rock the party.

With that being said, it is also vital that you give your DJ a list of songs or artists that YOU and your family are likely to enjoy. This gives me a starting point to engineer a unique reception that is tailor made for you and your crowd. I have sections in my online planning form for 15 high priority songs (15 is about how many songs I can play in an hour) as well as space for as many other requests as you wish to make.

I pride myself on playing amazing music that is not typically heard at weddings but fits the dynamic of the crowd and really draws people into the event making the energy skyrocket. Guest requests are a big part of what can make this possible.

I like to go around to the tables during cocktail hour or dinner to introduce myself and ask for requests. This opens the door for great input and clues me in to what they will respond to on the dance floor.

Your guests will remember how much fun they had at your reception long after all else is forgotten. Don't forget to add those music requests, they are what will make your reception not just unique but totally unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment